Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slacker

Ok I admit it.  I did not take a picture every day for week 6.  How lame is that?  I can't even remember what I did on Wed and Thursday.  Hmmm.   Maybe it's just as well, I think I bombarded you with pictures last week anyway. 

What have you slacked on this week?  For me it's not just Project 365.

Please don't judge me for what I am about to confess to you.  Please. 

I can honestly say that I have been putting a lot of time into cooking and looking for a job. 

Speaking of cooking, I have a new recipe to share with you! 

I guess I do have to make that confession huh.  Oh, alright I have a few confessions. 

DUM DA DUM DUM.....

#1: I have about three baskets of clothes that are clean....just sitting in baskets.  Yep.  Sitting there.  I hate folding laundry.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to organize it.  It always ends up in disarray.

Slacker

#2:  I keep telling myself and others that I am longing for a relationship with Christ but I haven't picked up my bible.  I did start going to church and to an Alpha class which is AMAZING.  But, I have yet to pick up the bible, other than Sunday mornings in church.  Even then I don't bring it with me.  I mentioned in Alpha class that it scares me and I don't know where to start.  Why should I let that stop me?  The bible is God's love letter to us, I should want to dive right in.  But I let fear get in the way. 

Slacker 

#3:  The dreaded work out and diet.  Here again, I keep telling myself that I am going to work out and eat better.  I bought a juicer.  Remember that post where I said that I was hooked.  Yeah, it lasted a couple of weeks. 

Slacker

Ok, I think that is enough embarrassment for me for one day.

Do you have a favorite bible study that you have done?  If so, please share it.  

I ask again, what have you slacked on this week?  How will  you turn it around? 

Please feel free to start a discussion on this. 

And, here is a picture of that new recipe I found and made.  Stay tuned.

 
 




4 comments:

  1. oh wow those look great.. I look forward to more about them.... slacked on? oh wow... loaded question.. I am sitting here with my "new blog post" open.. and finding anything else I can so i do not have to write in it.. lol I have totally slacked in blogging.. and today is the weight loss Wednesday post.. which I have been slacking in too :( My house got super clean yesterday because I have a couple of phone calls to make.. that I do not want to... so once again I am finding anything and everything I can do to avoid it. I think your blog post is the kick in the butt I need to tackle some of these things. *thank you* As for the bible... just open it... any page.. and start reading... it will pull you right in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont be so hard on yourself!! Didnt you just pass your boards - HOORAY!! Give yourself a break all the other stuff will come together in time. I have had to tell myself over and over and over not to "sweat the small stuff" - as far as Bible studies go I have done several Beth Moore studies that have been really, really fabulous - I just recently read Crazy Love by Francis Chan not really a Bible Study but a amazing book. Keep your chin up girl - you have accomplished some GREAT things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been a huge slacker this week; I'm housesitting and NEVER do anything productive when I housesit. I think I'm always so excited to have a house to myself that I don't feel the motivation to be productive. I am embarassed to admit it, but I've sat on my butt, eaten, and watched the Olympics all week {and fallen asleep on the couch every single night}. That's what you call pathetic.

    I hope you find some motivation but remember, you earned some slacking, Ms. "I passed NCLEX on the first try!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW those look yummy! You'r cooked and baked goods look and sound amazing. Who could talk of dieting with all that yummy food around. kidding of course. Take it easy on yourself girl! You just finished some intese YEARS of studies. You deserve a break. As for reading the bible, it has always been easier for me to do a bible study. I LOVE Beth Moore! Just jump in slowly! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!