Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cookie Dough Truffles

 How many times did you sneak raw chocolate chip cookie dough?  Of course it never made ya sick right?  I'm sure you had the thought in the back of your mind that you could get sick.  But the taste of chocolate chip cookie dough is worth getting sick over, in my opinion.  

Well fear no more folks.  You can now make cookie dough truffles that has raw cookie dough in them WITHOUT the egg!  So now you can eat as much of the dough as you want while making them.  I did!  Not going to lie.  




Be prepared when you have other people try them.  You may want to tell them in advance that there is no egg in them.  I took them to a church function and watched a younger gal bite into one.  She just about spit it out and had the most disgusted look on her face.  I heard her say to her mom "I think this is raw cookie dough."  I had to jump in and explain it.  I have to admit though, It was kinda funny though because this girl was not a very nice person.

Here is the recipe for these fabulous and evil things.  I got it from Erica's Sweet Tooth Blog.
This chic has some amazing recipes on her blog.  I have also made her homemade peanut butter cups, also fabulous, but more importantly super easy to make.  I did not dare to even attempt to make these into hearts, I am not that talented.  I also used regular chocolate bark to cover cookie dough balls, then I ran out so I used pink candy melts.  I topped them with valentine themed imperials before the chocolate set.  






 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup room temperature butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag red candy melts

- Beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy
- Add milk and vanilla
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour
- Form dough into hearts or balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Place sheets in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler or in microwave according to package directions
- Dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Tap fork on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets.


1 comment:

  1. I am so going to make these.... yours look so beautiful! I have found that chocolate bark to be very wonderful stuff... amazing how many things you can cover in it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!