Friday, March 5, 2010

Great News

Some of you may not know this if you don't follow me on twitter or facebook but I am announcing it here too.

I am officially an employed RN! 

It is amazing how God works and there is no doubt in my mind that He had His hands in this. 

Before I had Mackenzie and started nursing school I had a job that I loved.  I was a surgery scheduler for a local orthopedic clinic that had their own ambulatory surgery center.  I had always said that someday I wanted to eventually end up there as a nurse.  I left that job right before Mackenzie was born because I knew I would be starting the nursing program a few months later.

Mackenzie was four months old when I began the nursing program.  People thought I was crazy for going through with the program.

Our nursing program was not in session during the summer and I was asked to come back to the clinic to help out for the summer.  I left again when school started back up.  The following summer I was asked back again.  So back I went.  While there I was talking with one of my co-workers about my last quarter that was coming up in the fall.  This is the quarter I got to do my preceptorship.  She asked why I couldn't do it there. 

Hmmmm. 

It was arranged by them and my school for me to precept there.  I never thought that was possible.  If you remember, I was in their surgery center for this.  I got to do admitting, recovery, and circulating in the OR.  It was the best experience and I was so thankful that I was able to have the opportunity to precept their.  It reassured me that the OR was where I wanted to be. 

I was told that they would love to hire me, if there was a position, which there wasn't. 

Monday I went for an interview at a cardiology clinic located a few blocks from them.  It was the only interview out of all of the applications I'd been putting in.  And, I didn't apply for that one.  I was recommended for the job by one of my instructors! 

I stopped in the orthopedic clinic to say hello.  Here is where God stepped in.

I was told that their recovery nurse gave her notice THAT DAY.

The surgery manager was out of the office so I left my resume for her and went to my interview at the cardiology clinic.

15 minutes later I have a text message from the manager asking me to call her about working there.

Seriously????

I called her as I was leaving the interview.  She asked that I come by the clinic.  She had to figure some things out to make it work since I'm a new grad.  We both wanted to make sure that I would have full support for a while.  New grads are not typically hired in a recovery room.

Three days later I started my new position as a Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse in the surgery center that I dreamed of working in.

And that folks is just how awesome God is.



4 comments:

  1. God is so awesome! It's great to see His plans for our lives unfold before our eyes! Congratulations on this amazing job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing testimony for God's Grace. I am so happy you are depending of God for everything. I know you are by the way you speak all the time. You are a wonderful and caring person. Mackenzie and Matt are lucky to have you and you are lucky to have them and God. I love you Eva and may God continue to bless you, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats eva i am so happy 4 u

    joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing feeling you have have right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!