Monday, January 7, 2013

Oh my the time did fly!

Has it seriously been almost a year since I've blogged?  What the heck?  Not much has changed since my last post, I don't think.  Let's see, what's new....

I'm working night shift now at a local hospital.  3 nights per week, not bad!  It's been quite the adjustment for our family!  I think I'm finally getting used to it and getting a little more sleep.  Mackenzie has made it clear that she does not want me to work nights.  Sweet kid.  Mackenzie is in kindergarten now so I'm able to be home during the day and sleep while she's in school.  The plus side is that we don't have to worry about child care before or after school.

Working in the hospital is very different from the outpatient surgery center!  I started out having A LOT of anxiety but I think I'm adjusting.  I just have to say that I work with some of the most amazing and supportive nurses around.  I can't say enough good things about them.  They are awesome.

Matt also changed jobs after 10+ years.  He is no longer managing which makes him happy.  The downside is that is that he's working farther from home.  It can be a little stressful trying to get him home in time for me to get to work.  Traffic can be a nightmare.

All of the above leaves me not much time to do cupcakes but I still try and make time for them.  It is still a passion of mine.  My goal is still to someday have a commercial kitchen on our property so I can really get the business going.

Mackenzie is growing like crazy.  She loves kindergarten right now.  We recently took her to the eye doctor and found she needed glasses.  She is loving her disney princess glasses.


That's about it for now.  Until next year!  :)  Just kidding.  I hope to update this more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!