Friday, September 4, 2009
I found this recipe on Bakerella's blog and had to try them. I have made them twice already and they are seriously divine. And, super easy to make. If you like oreos, you will LOVE oreo truffles. A coworker of mine has actually asked me to make some for her hubby for his upcoming birthday. Poke around Bakerella's blog, seriously check her stuff out. And now the recipe for what I call Heaven, aka Oreo Truffles.
1 package oreo cookies (you will be using the WHOLE cookie)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
white chocolate candy coating
1. Finely crush 7 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency. Reserve for later.
2. Crush remaining cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. I used my kitchen aid with the paddle attachement, it worked great.
3. Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. I let them chill for a while before dipping but you don't have to.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top before the chocolate dries.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
**NOTE** In the picture above I had used white chocoate chips and you can see that it's much thicker than the candy coating would be so it's hard to cover the whole ball. They were still just as good though!
Labels: Heaven aka Oreo Truffles